Thursday, September 8, 2011

Freedom on a Raft



   I have seen some people are going out to sea in the search for freedom, some by sailboat some by way of raft. There is a guy I read about online they call "Pop Neutrino". He has a pretty interesting story. I guess he was out of work and needed to pay the rent but didn't have it. Instead of freaking out about it ( or maybe while freaking out about it) he built himself a raft out of garbage for his family and himself to live on. I guess he wasn't to interested in looks though, he wanted it to look like the trash it was as a kind of political statement. You can check it out yourself with the link in his name up there ^.

  I think it's fantastic this guy had the guts to do what he did, few among us would be so bold, I think. People want so much to fit in. That's just the opposite of this sort of thing. He wants to be noticed as someone who can make a change with what others cast aside. If more of us could step out of line a little, things would be very different indeed.

  I have considered this idea for myself as well. I think it truly must be one of the last refuges of freedom. The only reason I haven't started building yet is a lack of location and material. I was in Burlington Vt. while he was there but he had developed a bit of a following in the local area and I was cautious about so large a group in a relatively small town. I would rather set something up and have it working before there is a bunch of press in the picture.

This is a prime example of thinking of ways to get free.
Digg It

No comments:

Post a Comment